1) We all know know that feeling of internal rage you experience when the printer blinks "Low Ink" in the middle of a print job.
2) Compare the size, aesthetic appeal, portability, and probably-of-getting-hernias-when-lifting of a file cabinet versus that of your laptop.
3) Software as a Service means they do the work for you - "It'll take years for IT to implement this" is no longer a good enough excuse.
4) There's no way to back up paper files, unless you really enjoy copying? The intern probably doesn't either.
5) One word: alphabetizing.
6) Online access to all of your files means you can work from anywhere. Telecommuting, sleeping in, wearing pajamas to work...anyone?
7) Software can find mistakes and tell you who made them before you've even gotten your morning coffee.
8) Breaching compliance is embarrassing, especially when you have to take days to find the contracts to deal with it.
9) 50% of Americans will access all their information through 2x4in mobile touch screens by 2011. You're on your way to buy more 8.5x11in sheets of pulped trees...
10) Your competition is doing it and your clients will love your efficiency. What more motivation do you need?